Saturday, November 8, 2008

To Mom From Your Unborn Child

When you graciously accept congratulations for the mother-to-be and offer a sincere thank you to those who extend best wishes for the expectant mom, I want you to know how you are already shaping my life.

When you gently rub your hand over your protruding stomach, you are giving me comfort.

When you lie in bed at night anticipating the joy I will bring, I feel loved.

When you worry about every possible life event that could place me in harm’s way, I feel protected.

When you spend countless hours pouring over baby names and nursery décor, I feel important.

When your anticipation of my arrival overrides your fear of physical pain, I feel cherished.

When safety gadgets become the most important accessory in our home, I feel safe.

When you read books and articles about all aspects of motherhood and babies, I feel valued.

When you speak of my arrival with eager anticipation, I feel excited.

When you refer to me as your baby, I feel honored.

When you start each day by thanking God for me, I feel emotions so strong I cannot put them into words.

These precious gifts can only be passed from mother to child. For this reason, I want to tell everyone you are not a mother-to-be. You are already a mother and I am thankful to say, you are my mother.

5 comments:

Dee said...

This is beautiful. The emotions can be felt in each word.

Weekly Beef
My First Steps With Jesus
The Adventures of Stretch & Ellie

J from Ireland said...

Oh my God, that is beautiful. Just reading your stuff, wow you are an amazing writer. I'm definitly coming back.

Unknown said...

Wow I've never read something this beautiful ..

Unknown said...

Wow I've never read something this beautiful ..

Unknown said...

Wow I've never read something this beautiful ..